Schoots takes positives from Silverstone (Team ILR)

Nadieh Schoots had her second competitive outing on the Team ILR Ninja ZX-10R at the opening round of the British National Superstock 1000 Championship at Silverstone, and gave a good account of herself over the course of the weekend.

Nadieh Schoots discussing tactics with team owner Ian Lougher in pit lane

Nadieh Schoots discussing tactics with team owner Ian Lougher in pit lane

Nadieh and the team were hoping that Free Practice and First Qualifying would allow for some more good track time, however both sessions were something of a lottery with rain and dry conditions in equal measure. This, combined with the length of the Silverstone circuit, made tyre choice extremely difficult. 
Thankfully the second qualifying session was dry and this allowed Nadieh to get some solid laps in and qualify for the race. 

Confident of a good run in the race, Schoots was left frustrated when a battery problem ended her race on the opening circuit, much to the disappointment of the team.

evertheless Nadieh has shown that she is getting more and more comfortable with her new bike, and she can look forward to the next round with optimism.

Team ILR owner/manager Ian Lougher:
"The start of the 2016 season was not the easiest for the team as both our classes took the brunt of the weather, with mixed conditions making the correct tyre choice almost impossible. As sessions started with no-one making the correct choice, it became more of a track session for everyone than anything else. Nadieh has had very little experience on a 1000 machine but she acquited herself well and was looking forward to some more dry track time. But unfortunately the bike's battery went faulty and she was left without a race finish!!"

Nadieh Schoots:
"The opening round was up and down for me. Friday was very hard, as the weather made conditions tricky, and due to lack of testing I didn't know how hard I could push. Luckily the track was dry for our Saturday qualifying session! I could've used an extra lap, but was still very happy with the session. I knew exactly where and how to improve my laptime for the race, yet sadly I never got to show this due to the bike dying on the warmup lap. Absolutely gutted and can't wait to get to Oulton Park for Round 2, things can only get better from here! 
A big thank-you to Team ILR for all their hard work throughout the weekend!"